Islamiyah School Mission Statement
Providing educational excellence in an Islamic environment to inspire, nurture and enable our young British citizens to serve and positively contribute to society as a whole.
The ethos of the school is one of equality of opportunities for young British Muslim girls enabling them to understand and become integrated into, rather than isolated from, British society of which they are members.
Our Vision & Aims :
- Offer a broad and balanced curriculum, alongside a positive understanding of Islam, to equip every pupil with skills to be a successful learner, confident individual and responsible British citizen
- Provide pupils with a safe, secure and stimulating learning environment, which develops their intellect and talents as independent learners giving pupils the confidence to believe that their aspirations are achievable
- Encourage and enable each pupil to develop moral integrity, a sense of social responsibility, respect for themselves and others.
- Build upon our partnership with parents, pupils, staff, Governors and other stakeholders and strengthen and extend collaborative links with the wider community.
July 2018 Ofsted Qoutes
- The actions taken by leaders since the school’s last inspection have secured strong improvements in the quality of teaching and outcomes for pupils, both of which are now outstanding. However, there is no sign of leaders resting on their laurels, as they continue to make further improvements to the school, such as developing a new artblock so that pupils can study art up to GCSE level.
- The headteacher makes excellent use of the skills and knowledge of the staff within the school. Leadership roles are distributed effectively to further develop leaders’ skills and knowledge, and to maximise leadership capacity as the school moves forward.
- The school’s work to promote pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is of the highest quality. Pupils become impressively reflective and thoughtful, appreciating the differences that exist in modern society and explaining clearly the importance of tolerance and acceptance of differences in people’s views and beliefs. School policies, work on display around school and pupils’ views all confirm that fundamental British values are a crucial aspect of the school’s work.
- Leaders ensure that diversity and equality of opportunity are extremely well promoted. Prejudiced behaviour is not tolerated and work in subjects such as religious studies and history shows that pupils develop real empathy for people of different religions who have suffered persecution, such as in the Holocaust in the Second World War.
“To educate a girl is to educate an entire nation”
– Greg Mortenson
“The Head teacher has focused unshakably on making improvements to achievements, personal development, teaching and other key areas of the school. He is supported by very able members of the SLT and Governors.”
– Ofsted 2014
Progessed to OUTSTANDING IN ALL AREAS – Ofsted July 2018
Overall effectiveness: Outstanding
Effectiveness of leadership and management : Outstanding
Quality of teaching, learning and assessment : Outstanding
Personal development, behaviour and welfare : Outstanding
Outcomes for pupils: Outstanding
The school is exceptionally successful in achieving its aim of ‘Offering a broad and balanced curriculum alongside a positive understanding of Islam, to equip every pupil with skills to be a successful learner, confident individual and responsible British citizen.’